Production-proven CPU & GPU rendering for animation and visual effects for film, television and virtual reality. V-Ray for Maya brings faster rendering, more responsive look development and added realism to high-end VFX and animation projects. Chaos Group?s V-Ray won a sci-tech Academy Award in 2017 for its role in bringing realistic CGI to the big screen.
- Quality: Production-proven ray traced rendering with a full suite of tools to create professional photoreal imagery and animations.
- Power: Built to handle the absolute toughest projects and largest scenes.
- Speed: Multicore CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering engines for optimised speed and scalability.
- Creative Control: Real-time look development with interactive lighting, shading and rendering.
- Smart Integration: Integrated seamlessly into Maya and designed to fit any production pipeline.
- An Industry Standard: Top artists and studios rely on V-Ray for Maya to create award-winning animation & visual effects.
- Adaptive Dome Light: Faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting based on V-Ray Scene Intelligence.
- Faster IPR: Redesigned IPR for faster feedback and continuous updates.
- AI denoiser in Viewport IPR: The NVIDIA AI denoiser is now available for interactive rendering with V-Ray IPR in the viewport.
- Debug shading/Isolate selected: Quickly isolate selected textures and materials to help debug large shading networks in IPR.
- Playblasts with Viewport IPR: Create high-quality previz and animation tests via Playblasts with Viewport IPR.
- 2x faster GPU rendering: Fast new GPU rendering architecture that now supports more high-end production features.
- GPU Volume Rendering: V-Ray GPU now supports blazing fast rendering of volumetric effects like smoke, fire and fog.
- GPU bucket rendering: Adds support for Cryptomatte render elements.
- Powerful CPU rendering: Render superior images and animations fast with V-Ray?s highly-optimized and adaptive ray tracing technology.
- Incredibly fast GPU rendering: Get an additional speed boost with GPU-accelerated look development and final frame rendering.
- Global illumination: Choose from ray traced and hybrid global illumination methods for the perfect balance of quality and speed.
- Unique shaders: For specialized materials, choose from a collection of purpose-built shaders for subsurface scattering, skin, hair and more.
- Physical cameras: Simulate any camera and lens with controls for exposure, depth of field and motion blur.
- Virtual Reality: Render VR-ready content for popular headsets like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Samsung Gear VR.
- Efficient textures: Work with multi-resolution tiled textures from top applications MARI, Mudbox and Zbrush.
V-Ray for Education
If you’re a student, educator or educational institution, you get pricing on V-Ray and all Chaos Group products. The educational version of V-Ray has all the same features as the commercial version, and you get access to all updates over the course of your license. You also get free technical support and additional training and learning resources to help you get started. Plus, educational institutions can benefit from volume and multi-product discounts.