V-Ray for Rhino is a highly accurate renderer for McNeel Rhinoceros, enabling designers to predict and present their designs with the highest level of realism and reduce the need of physical prototypes. V-Ray greatly increases Rhino’s ability to handle large scenes and can be used directly within Grasshopper.
V-Ray Next for Rhino is much more than a do-it-all renderer that creates gorgeous images of your designs. It’s also a full suite of tools to help you accomplish more in Rhino than ever before. V-Ray Next makes it easier to manage everything in your scene — even the crazy complex ones.
V-Ray Next is smart, too. It learns from your scene to make lighting faster. And it can set your camera exposure and white balance automatically.
It’s fast. V-Ray Next for Rhino is 50% faster overall. GPU rendering is 2x faster. And it’s up to 7x faster with the new Adaptive Dome Light.
V-Ray Next for Rhino extends what is possible in Grasshopper even further - now you can animate Grasshopper definitions as well as cameras and sunlight, and measure real-world illumination values — all right in Grasshopper.
V-Ray for Education
If you're a student, educator or educational institution, you get pricing on V-Ray and all Chaos Group products. The educational version of V-Ray has all the same features as the commercial version, and you get access to all updates over the course of your license. You also get free technical support and additional training and learning resources to help you get started. Plus, educational institutions can benefit from volume and multi-product discounts.
- Automating snapshots & batch renders: Now V-Ray Batch lets you schedule and render jobs to V-Ray Swarm or Chaos Cloud, making it easy to render snapshots from the same project or views from multiple Rhino files all at once.
- Power up with scripts: Use RhinoScript and Python to program V-Ray Next to do even more for you, like automating scene management or accessing parameters not shown in the UI.
- Easy to resize lights: Adjust the size and shadow softness of lights without affecting their intensity. Change the size of instanced lights by changing just one.
- More accurate viewport previews: Get a more accurate preview of your materials in the Rhino viewport with improved reflections, refractions, bump maps and more.
Superior Grasshopper Support
- Animated sun and cameras in Grasshopper: Now in Grasshopper, you can animate sunlight and cameras using the V-Ray timeline. Then it’s just a quick export back to Rhino for final rendering.
- Familiar Grasshopper workflow: Working with V-Ray Next in Grasshopper is simple. You hook up V-Ray components exactly the same as Grasshopper’s native ones. So it’s easy to get the results you’re looking for.
- Real-world cameras in Grasshopper: Use real-world camera settings for aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Together with the sun and sky system, you’ll be able render your Grasshopper scene accurately for lighting analysis.
- Animated Grasshopper definitions: Animate and render parametric designs via the V-Ray timeline to explore conceptual or photorealistic versions of your models.
New Materials and Textures
- Material metalness: The V-Ray Material adds native support for metallic reflections (Metalness) for greater compatibility with PBR materials from applications like Substance Designer.
- Curve color corrections: Fine-tune the colors of any texture map using RGB or HSV curve controls.
Powerful Asset Management
- Universal asset preview: Preview your materials, lights, textures and render elements in a single viewer. Observe how parameter changes affect the appearance of the asset in a specific isolated setting.
- Asset library UI: Manage assets of any type in an intuitive customizable folder structure. Quickly search through huge number of assets in either the built-in library or in any other library location.
- Texture instancing: Map multiple material parameters with the same source texture to simplify the shader structure and management.
- Intuitive asset creation: Quickly create new assets in the Asset Editor from the footer. Create menu, outliner filter icons or form the library Create section.
Simplified Render Controls
- Simplified render settings: A refined and updated UI makes render setup easier than ever.
- Custom output resolution: Specify custom pixel resolutions without bothering with the aspect ratio.
- Refined camera controls: A new intuitive layout for the camera controls lets you manipulate the quick and advanced parameters at the same time.
Enhanced Lighting Workflows
- Automatic exposure & white balance: Capture the perfect exposure every time. The new Auto Exposure and Auto White Balance camera controls make rendering as simple as point and shoot.
- Adaptive Dome Light: Render faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based lighting that’s up to 7x faster. The new Adaptive Dome Light also removes the need to set up Portal lights for interiors.
- Lighting analysis tool: The new Lighting Analysis render element makes it easy to visualize the real-world illumination (Lux) values of any scene.
- Render speed: V-Ray Next has been optimized to render 50% faster overall — and up to 7x faster with the new Adaptive Dome Light.
- Optimized materials: V-Ray materials have been fine-tuned for faster render speeds, improved GPU rendering, and Chaos Cloud compatibility.
- Scene intelligence: Automatically analyzes your scene to optimize rendering so you get the best quality in less time.
- 2x faster GPU: Cuts rendering time in half again when using GPUs (as compared to V-Ray for Rhino 3.6).
- AI denoiser: With the new NVIDIA AI Denoiser, V-Ray delivers instant feedback with less noise. So you get cleaner images while you design.