V-Ray for SketchUp is more than just a rendering engine. Designed to fit right within your SketchUp workflow, V-Ray for SketchUp gives you the added power to quickly and easily create photorealistic renders. Whether you want to show off a new model or visualize your most detailed 3D scene, V-Ray for SketchUp will help take your work to the Next level.
V-Ray for SketchUp features greatly improved workflow, making it easier and faster than ever to interact with your SketchUp scene, organize your assets, set up lighting, and render your best work. Smarter tech like 3D Scene Intelligence can now automatically analyze and optimize your renders for you, plus take advantage of many performance optimizations for both CPU and GPU rendering. What’s more, on average GPU rendering has been accelerated to be twice as fast as before.
- V-Ray Scene Importer: Import any .vrscene file directly as a SketchUp model with correctly sized and positioned objects, proper texture placement, lights and proxy references.
- New toolbar: Provides new access to top tools and simplified UI controls that will make it easier to set up cameras, adjust render settings and manage scenes.
- Improved Batch Rendering: Use the Cloud Batch Render function to render a SketchUp Scene batch on the V-Ray Cloud.
- Scene interaction tool: Get direct access to any level of the SketchUp hierarchy, so you can interactively adjust materials and light properties whenever an object is selected
- Customizable viewport styles: Easily customize the way V-Ray items are displayed in the SketchUp viewport and hide them at will.
Powerful Asset Management
- Asset Library Management: Manage assets of any type in an intuitive customizable folder structure. Quickly search through huge number of assets in either the built-in library or in any other library location.
- Universal asset preview: View preview of materials, lights, textures and render elements in a single viewer. Observe how parameter changes affect the appearance of the asset in a specific isolated setting
- Asset Outliner: List and manage materials, lights, geometries, render elements and textures in a unified way and visualize shader hierarchies.
- Multi-selection: Select multiple scene or library assets as well as multiple toolbar filters to speed up your workflow.
- Material ID & MultiMatte Render Elements: Render 2D masks of 3D objects for quick fixes in Photoshop and other image editors.
New Materials and Textures
- Material Metallnes: Added support for PBR shaders with its new Metallic layer of the Generic material.
- Curve Color Correction: Remap any texture color values using R, G, B or H, S, V curve controls.
Efficient Render Controls
- Custom output resolution: Specify custom pixel resolutions without bothering with the aspect ratio.
- Intuitive camera UI: Redesigned layout for the camera controls letting you manipulate the quick and advanced parameters at the same time.
- Redesigned render settings UI: Better organization for the advanced render settings with new functionality.
- Adaptive Dome Light: Removes the need for setting up skylight portals, significantly speeding up your workflow when setting up interior scenes
- New Lighting Analysis Tools: Now easier to visualize a scene’s real-world illumination values in lux or footcandles
- Automatic Exposure and White Balance: Once a scene loads, Auto exposure and white balance return the right settings, making the entire process point-and-shoot simple
- Modernized shaders: The internal shader structure used in V-Ray for SketchUp is updated and modernized. This improves the render speed, GPU Engine feature support and V-Ray Cloud compatibility.
- Render speed: V-Ray now renders twice as fast on average
thanks to a large number of performance optimizations.
- Twice as fast V-Ray GPU: New rendering architecture renders twice as fast across GPUs with support for more of V-Ray’s high-end production features and bucket rendering mode.
- Denoising with AI: Use the new NVIDIA AI Denoiser to instantly remove noise while rendering and make close to real-time iterations.