Production-proven CPU & GPU rendering for animation and visual effects for film, television and virtual reality. V-Ray for Maya brings faster rendering, more responsive look development and added realism to high-end VFX and animation projects. Chaos Group’s V-Ray won a sci-tech Academy Award in 2017 for its role in bringing realistic CGI to the big screen.
- Quality: Production-proven ray traced rendering with a full suite of tools to create professional photoreal imagery and animations.
- Power: Built to handle the absolute toughest projects and largest scenes.
- Speed: Multicore CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering engines for optimised speed and scalability.
- Creative Control: Real-time look development with interactive lighting, shading and rendering.
- Smart Integration: Integrated seamlessly into Maya and designed to fit any production pipeline.
- An Industry Standard: Top artists and studios rely on V-Ray for Maya to create award-winning animation & visual effects.
- Adaptive Dome Light: Faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting based on V-Ray Scene Intelligence.
- Faster IPR: Redesigned IPR for faster feedback and continuous updates.
- AI denoiser in Viewport IPR: The NVIDIA AI denoiser is now available for interactive rendering with V-Ray IPR in the viewport.
- Debug shading/Isolate selected: Quickly isolate selected textures and materials to help debug large shading networks in IPR.
- Playblasts with Viewport IPR: Create high-quality previz and animation tests via Playblasts with Viewport IPR.
- 2x faster GPU rendering: Fast new GPU rendering architecture that now supports more high-end production features.
- GPU Volume Rendering: V-Ray GPU now supports blazing fast rendering of volumetric effects like smoke, fire and fog.
- GPU bucket rendering: Adds support for Cryptomatte render elements.
- Powerful CPU rendering: Render superior images and animations fast with V-Ray’s highly-optimized and adaptive ray tracing technology.
- Incredibly fast GPU rendering: Get an additional speed boost with GPU-accelerated look development and final frame rendering.
- Global illumination: Choose from ray traced and hybrid global illumination methods for the perfect balance of quality and speed.
- Unique shaders: For specialized materials, choose from a collection of purpose-built shaders for subsurface scattering, skin, hair and more.
- Physical cameras: Simulate any camera and lens with controls for exposure, depth of field and motion blur.
- Virtual Reality: Render VR-ready content for popular headsets like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Samsung Gear VR.
- Efficient textures: Work with multi-resolution tiled textures from top applications MARI, Mudbox and Zbrush.