V-Ray for Modo seamlessly integrates production-proven rendering capabilities into Modo’s native workflow. Its twin-engine rendering architecture is designed to take full advantage of the latest CPU and GPU computing technology. Built to handle the toughest projects and biggest scenes, V-Ray for Modo will fit into any production pipeline. With a full suite of creative tools, V-Ray lets you render anything and everything – from quick design models to your most detailed 3D scenes.
- Quality. Production-proven ray traced rendering with a full suite of tools to create professional photoreal imagery and animation.
- Power. Built to handle the absolute toughest projects and biggest scenes.
- Speed. Multicore CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering for optimized speed and scalability.
- Creative control. Real-time look development with interactive lighting, shading and rendering.
- Smart integration. Integrated seamlessly into Modo and designed to fit any production pipeline.
- An industry standard. Top artists and designers rely on V-Ray every day to create award-winning designs & visual effects.
- GPU hybrid rendering. Take advantage of all your hardware by including CPUs when you render with V-Ray GPU CUDA.
- GPU device select. Quickly select the GPU and CPU devices you’d like to use for rendering without restarting Modo.
- Grass & Fur. Render realistic grass and fur faster with V-Ray Fur.
- V-Ray Frame Buffer. Track render history, adjust colors and control final image output using advanced color management.
- Alsurface Material. General-purpose shader by Anders Langlands with layered SSS and glossy fresnel reflections — popular for skin.
- Full Light Select render element. Adjust and mix lighting accurately in post — with full support for GI, reflections and refractions.
- VRscans support. Now compatible with a library of over 650 extremely realistic scanned materials.
- Twin-engine Performance. V-Ray includes two powerful rendering engines. With CPU or GPU acceleration, you can use the best engine for your project and hardware.
- Proxy objects. Fit massive scenes into memory and cut render times using load-on-demand proxy objects.