V-Ray for Rhino is a highly accurate renderer for McNeel Rhinoceros, enabling designers to predict and present their designs with the highest level of realism and reduce the need of physical prototypes. V-Ray greatly increases Rhino’s ability to handle large scenes and can be used directly within Grasshopper.
V-Ray Next for Rhino is much more than a do-it-all renderer that creates gorgeous images of your designs. It’s also a full suite of tools to help you accomplish more in Rhino than ever before. V-Ray Next makes it easier to manage everything in your scene — even the crazy complex ones.
V-Ray Next is smart, too. It learns from your scene to make lighting faster. And it can set your camera exposure and white balance automatically. It’s fast. V-Ray Next for Rhino is 50% faster overall. GPU rendering is 2x faster. And it’s up to 7x faster with the new Adaptive Dome Light. V-Ray Next for Rhino extends what is possible in Grasshopper even further – now you can animate Grasshopper definitions as well as cameras and sunlight, and measure real-world illumination values — all right in Grasshopper. V-Ray Next for Rhino is compatible with Rhino 5 and Rhino 6. V-Ray for Rhino is supported on Windows only.
- Automating snapshots & batch renders: Now V-Ray Batch lets you schedule and render jobs to V-Ray Swarm or Chaos Cloud, making it easy to render snapshots from the same project or views from multiple Rhino files all at once.
- Power up with scripts: Use RhinoScript and Python to program V-Ray Next to do even more for you, like automating scene management or accessing parameters not shown in the UI.
- Easy to resize lights: Adjust the size and shadow softness of lights without affecting their intensity. Change the size of instanced lights by changing just one.
- More accurate viewport previews: Get a more accurate preview of your materials in the Rhino viewport with improved reflections, refractions, bump maps and more.
Superior Grasshopper Support
- Animated sun and cameras in Grasshopper: Now in Grasshopper, you can animate sunlight and cameras using the V-Ray timeline. Then it’s just a quick export back to Rhino for final rendering.
- Familiar Grasshopper workflow: Working with V-Ray Next in Grasshopper is simple. You hook up V-Ray components exactly the same as Grasshopper’s native ones. So it’s easy to get the results you’re looking for.
- Real-world cameras in Grasshopper: Use real-world camera settings for aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Together with the sun and sky system, you’ll be able render your Grasshopper scene accurately for lighting analysis.
- Animated Grasshopper definitions: Animate and render parametric designs via the V-Ray timeline to explore conceptual or photorealistic versions of your models.
New Materials and Textures
- Material metalness: The V-Ray Material adds native support for metallic reflections (Metalness) for greater compatibility with PBR materials from applications like Substance Designer.
- Curve color corrections: Fine-tune the colors of any texture map using RGB or HSV curve controls.
Powerful Asset Management
- Universal asset preview: Preview your materials, lights, textures and render elements in a single viewer. Observe how parameter changes affect the appearance of the asset in a specific isolated setting.
- Asset library UI: Manage assets of any type in an intuitive customizable folder structure. Quickly search through huge number of assets in either the built-in library or in any other library location.
- Texture instancing: Map multiple material parameters with the same source texture to simplify the shader structure and management.
- Intuitive asset creation: Quickly create new assets in the Asset Editor from the footer. Create menu, outliner filter icons or form the library Create section.
Simplified Render Controls
- Simplified render settings: A refined and updated UI makes render setup easier than ever.
- Custom output resolution: Specify custom pixel resolutions without bothering with the aspect ratio.
- Refined camera controls: A new intuitive layout for the camera controls lets you manipulate the quick and advanced parameters at the same time.
Enhanced Lighting Workflows
- Automatic exposure & white balance: Capture the perfect exposure every time. The new Auto Exposure and Auto White Balance camera controls make rendering as simple as point and shoot.
- Adaptive Dome Light: Render faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based lighting that’s up to 7x faster. The new Adaptive Dome Light also removes the need to set up Portal lights for interiors.
- Lighting analysis tool: The new Lighting Analysis render element makes it easy to visualize the real-world illumination (Lux) values of any scene.
- Render speed: V-Ray Next has been optimized to render 50% faster overall — and up to 7x faster with the new Adaptive Dome Light.
- Optimized materials: V-Ray materials have been fine-tuned for faster render speeds, improved GPU rendering, and Chaos Cloud compatibility.
- Scene intelligence: Automatically analyzes your scene to optimize rendering so you get the best quality in less time.
- 2x faster GPU: Cuts rendering time in half again when using GPUs (as compared to V-Ray for Rhino 3.6).
- AI denoiser: With the new NVIDIA AI Denoiser, V-Ray delivers instant feedback with less noise. So you get cleaner images while you design.