VRscans Academic service provides an ultra photo-realistic image from a scan based on a physical material such as; fabric, leather, plastic, metal, wood or stone. The resulting scan in the .vrscans file format can be opened and imported using the VRscans plugin. For more information on the VRscans service, visit the Chaos website.
V-Ray for Education
If you're a student, educator or educational institution, you get discount pricing on V-Ray and all Chaos Group products. The educational version of V-Ray has all the same features as the commercial version, and you get access to all updates over the course of your license. You also get free technical support and additional training and learning resources to help you get started. Plus, educational institutions can benefit from volume and multi-product discounts.
- Ultra-photorealistic: While other products produce scans based on less than 100 images, every VRscan is created using 5,600 different images, resulting in unmatched photo-realistic quality. Images created by VRscans are often indistinguishable from the original sample.
- Physically based accuracy: Materials are presented as they are. Resulting images are based on real data, not assumptions. The material goes beyond single-point BRDF capture and can faithfully represent the textured appearance of a large number of real-world surfaces using bidirectional texture function (BTF) approximation.
- Easy to use: Simply drag and drop the material over a 3D model, set the lights and render.
- Highly tileable: Scanned materials are created to be seamlessly tileable.
- Customizable: In the current version of the VRscans plugin, some customization of material properties is possible. Future versions will enable additional material customization.
- Time saving: The average time for creating a material is 8 man hours while the average time for creating a VRscans material is just 10 minutes.
- V-Ray compatible: VRscans integrate with V-Ray, the leading 3D rendering tool for product, design and architectural visualization.
The VRscans service provides an ultra photo-realistic image from a scan based on a physical material such as fabric, leather, plastic, metal, wood or stone. The resulting scan in the .vrscans file format can be opened and imported using the VRscans plugin. View other VRscan products