The VRscans service provides an ultra photo-realistic image from a scan based on a physical material such as fabric, leather, plastic, metal, wood or stone. The resulting scan in the .vrscans file format can be opened and imported using the VRscans plugin.
- Ultra-photorealistic: While other products produce scans based on less than 100 images, every VRscan is created using 5,600 different images, resulting in unmatched photo-realistic quality. Images created by VRscans are often indistinguishable from the original sample.
- Physically based accuracy: Materials are presented as they are. Resulting images are based on real data, not assumptions. The material goes beyond single-point BRDF capture and can faithfully represent the textured appearance of a large number of real-world surfaces using bidirectional texture function (BTF) approximation.
- Easy to use: Simply drag and drop the material over a 3D model, set the lights and render.
- Highly tileable: Scanned materials are created to be seamlessly tileable.
- Customizable: In the current version of the VRscans plugin, some customization of material properties is possible. Future versions will enable additional material customization.
- Time saving: The average time for creating a material is 8 man hours while the average time for creating a VRscans material is just 10 minutes.
- V-Ray compatible: VRscans integrate with V-Ray, the leading 3D rendering tool for product, design and architectural visualization.